FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the rules for a solid burn?
- The first burn is the most important. Light up your candle and burn until the wax pool reaches the edge of the container on all sides before you put it out. This helps to ensure the best burn for the life of the candle.
- Light your candle in a well-ventilated area, away from anything that could fall or blow into the candle. Keep your candles away from curious furry friends and small children.
- Never leave your candles burning unattended.
- Trim your wick. Keep your wick short at 1/8 in. The wood wick should burn away naturally, but if you notice your wick is too long, just trim it with a pair of scissors or break it off with your finger tips (use tissue to protect your finger tips from black ash.)
- Do not let your candle burn longer than 4 hours at a time.
- Watch as your crystals are released from the wax. If a crystal moves too close to the wick, simply move it to the edge of the wax pool or remove it from the container with a spoon and wash it off with soap and water. Your crystal will sink below the wax after the first burn, but don't worry. It will reveal itself again when you light your candle again!
- When not lit, keep the lid on.
What are Lucky No. Candles made with?
We pride ourselves on focusing on quality over cost to produce a premium luxury candle at an affordable price. Lucky No. Candles are made with premium coconut-soy wax that is vegan, FDA-approved, and body-safe. Our wood wicks are grown by farmers in the USA, FSC-certified, and burn clean and slow. Our glass containers and shipping materials are reusable and recyclable too. It was important for us not to create a product that looks great in your home and not so great in a landfill.
Can I return or exchange my order?
Yes. We want you to be happy with your candle. If you aren’t completely satisfied with our product, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and we will process a return or exchange for your unlit candle within 14 days of receipt. If you are trying to place a larger order for an event or an activation, please email us at email@example.com and we can help you with fragrance samples or other questions about selections for larger orders.
How big are the candles?
How long do the candles burn?
Our candles are made from premium slow-burning materials and the regular-sized candles can last up to 75 hours, though some will last longer. Our Extra Lucky Collection candles can last up to 125 hours.
How strong are the scents?
No one likes a candle that gives them a headache. Each Lucky No. Candle is crafted with an aromatherapy level of fragrance. They are meant to enhance rather than overpower your space. Our scents are also meant to mix together. Try multiple scents at once to transform your home fragrance experience.
Why do these candles have a wooden wick?
Wood wicks burn cleaner and last longer than most cotton wicks. They're also more sustainable, grown from trees farmed in the USA. The wicks also make a soft crackling sound and they create a flame with a special teardrop shape.
What kind of wax do these candles use?
We use a blended coconut and soy wax that is FDA-approved and vegan because it burns cleaner and longer while being better for the environment than 100% soy wax.
What do I do with the crystal?
You can let your crystals stay in the wax pool as your candle burns. If you want to remove your crystal before the end of the life of your candle, do it after the candle has been burning (but not lit) and the wax is still soft. Remove the crystal from your candle with a metal spoon and rinse with warm soapy water. Add it to your window display, desk, altar, or any place you need the good vibes.
Where are your candles made?
Our candles are hand-poured in New York and Los Angeles using premium ingredients.
What does "body safe" wax mean?
Lucky No. Candles are made with premium coconut-soy wax that is vegan, FDA-approved, and body-safe. This means you can use our wax blends as a moisturizer when your skin is feeling dry.
Are the waxes safe to use as a body moisturizer?
Yes. Our waxes have a low melt point and great to use as a body-safe moisturizer. Massage wax onto dry hands, elbows, and knees. Just scoop a little melted wax from the vessel after your candle no longer lit.
Can I place a large or custom order?
We'd love to be part of your special plans. For events, weddings or custom orders, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I'm sending a gift, can you do something special?
Yes! Let us know your order is a gift by writing us a message in the notes section at checkout that includes a short note for the recipient. We can include a special, wax-sealed card with your order when it ships.
Where is my order?
Orders are processed and shipped within 2-3 business days. You'll receive an email from us every step of the way. We'll email you once your order is received and again once it ships. Follow the tracking number provided in your shipping email to follow its journey! Need more info? Email us at email@example.com
I need my order FAST. What do I do?
If you need an order processed more timely, or would like to change to rush shipping, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number as soon as possible so we can try to accommodate you.
Have a question we didn't cover here?
Email us at email@example.com and we'll reply as fast as we can.